When you call or e-mail AANMA’s Patient Support Center (firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-878-4403 ext. 117), the friendly voice of advice that you get on the other end of the line comes from Carol Jones, RN, AE-C. Carol is a registered nurse and a nationally certified asthma educator with extensive experience in pediatric and adult medicine, school nursing and asthma education. She’s also a founding member of the Association of Asthma Educators (AAE) and has served as its vice president and treasurer.
You can depend on Carol – she has been a pivotal figure in developing guidelines for asthma care, and is a respected authority on asthma and respiratory issues.
She has researched respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in Yup’ik children in Alaska, as well as pediatric care for the Center for Healthcare Studies at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Rush Presbyterian Medical Center. She co-authored outcomes of these studies and has written numerous journal articles.
Here are just a few of Carol’s activities and accomplishments:
- Carol is a member of the National Asthma Education Certification Board, which develops tests for people who want to be certified asthma educators (AE-C).
- She was one of the authors of the Guidelines Implementation Panel (GIP) Report for Expert Panel Report 3 – Partners Putting Guidelines into Action (GIP). GIP is the product of NIH’s NAEPP Expert Panel Report 3.
- Carol helps develop guidelines as a member of the Food Allergy Clinical Guidelines Expert Panel for the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID)
- She offers advice as a member of the Food Allergy, Anaphylaxis, Dermatology and Drug Allergy (FADDA) Interest Section for the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI).
- Serves on the Allied Health Program Planning Committee for AAAAI.
- The Allied Health Group awarded Carol the “Allied Health Recognition Award” in 2003.